Job Opportunity: IP Docketing Clerk: Lawrenceville, NJ (Onsite)
Lawrenceville, NJ US
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ (Onsite)
Duration: (6+ months) Contract
• Strong familiarity with patent docketing practices, both U.S. And foreign
• A minimum of two years’ patent docketing experience, preferably with Memotech docketing software
• A minimum of two years of experience in patent prosecution practice
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, MS Teams, Microsoft 365 applications
• Docketing all US and foreign patent prosecution incoming mail
• Processing accurate data input of deadlines and other relevant docket information into the CPA Memotech system.
• Reviewing the accuracy of USPTO and other documents (e.G. Correctness of inventor names, filing dates, priority applications) and docketing deadlines to address errors requiring correction.
• Notifying and following up, as appropriate, with attorneys and paralegals regarding applicable deadlines to be cleared from dockets.
• Reviewing PTO filings for accuracy
• Reviewing and analyzing incoming correspondences
• Entering necessary dates/deadlines into the docketing system
• Reviewing and responding to inquiries regarding IP docketing.
• Preparing customized reports and maintaining IP group’ s docket in an up-to-date manner
• Performing on-line research via public access websites, PAIR system, USPTO, and foreign patent and trademark systems
• Ensuring accurate and timely completion of requests.