Job Opportunity: Sr Claim Examiner- WC: Brea, CA (Onsite)
Brea, CA US
Location- Brea, CA
Duration- 6+ Months Contract
- Interprets and makes decisions using independent judgment on more complex and unusual policy coverages and determines if coverages apply to claims submitted.
- Manages all aspects of investigative activity on complex claims.
- Directs the discovery and litigation strategy with legal counsel.
- Analyzes claims activity and prepares reports for clients/carriers and management.
- Establish reserves, using independent judgment and expertise and authorizes payments within scope of authority, settling claims in the most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably and issues company drafts in payments for claims within authority limits.
- Develops subrogation and third party recovery potential and follows reclaim procedures.
- Analyzes claims activities and prepares reports for clients, carriers and/or management.
- Participates in claim reviews.
- Skills required
- Ability to work independently while assimilating various technical subjects.
- Strong written and oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience
- Technical claims investigations/settling experience with 4-8 years experience in Claims or similar organization.
- Workers Compensation (WC) Adjuster License required according to jurisdictional requirements