Marketing Analyst II
Jackson, MI US
Location: Jackson, MI- 49201(Remote)
Duration of assignment: 07 months contract with High Possibility to extend
The Marketing Campaign Operations Analyst will be responsible for supporting marketing campaign efforts for programs within the Energy Services portfolio, of which the primary product is the Appliance Service Plan. The marketing campaigns for these products and programs are executed by both employees and external third-party contractors. This support will be in the form of identifying, extracting, cleansing, and transforming customer data to produce lists, primarily in support of marketing campaigns. The Energy Services portfolio is a non-regulated part of the business and special rules must be followed in this position.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work with IT to communicate & drive business requirements that will inform the development of data table/database structure
- Assist in assessment of data sources to supplement existing customer data
- Participate in the development of new processes to be able to assign identifiers to track marketing campaign engagement and customer status
- Work with marketing managers and vendors to understand nature of marketing campaigns
- Be able to interpret and elaborate on requirements of requests to ensure proper audience selection for receipt of marketing campaigns
- Pull customer lists using various criteria and from various sources (databases) to support the marketing campaigns
- Work with vendors to place lists in secure FTP locations
- Track and measure results of campaigns/ Develop charts and visualizations to support key metrics of campaigns
- Lead the definition of ' metrics that matter' and develop reports and dashboards that measure the performance of marketing programs.
- Look for ways to innovate and improve processes
- Comply with all data privacy and security protocols
- Collaborate with vendors, and across the enterprise including IT, program management, marketing managers, analytics teams, and others
- Able to meet Service Level Agreements and deadlines
- Serve as primary contact/subject matter expert for all data related to a marketing campaign.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide proactive escalation management, anticipate and balance the requirements of a project with any constraints.
- Document marketing data processes including explanation and references to allow users to understand the purpose, source data, and any applicable considerations
- Work with CRM team to develop and maintain analysis of volume of communication consumers are receiving and establishing best practices on communication volume and frequency for optimal performance
- Must understand marketing and database concepts
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to look beyond the obvious for insights and recommendations
- High attention to detail
- 5+ years overall experience required
- 1+ years of demonstrable experience working with data
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Self-starter and intellectually curious
- Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Strong commitment to meeting deadlines
- Must be a fit within our team culture
Nice to Have
- Experience (professional or academic) managing projects to deliver results on time and within budget.
- Strong collaboration and vendor engagement skills
- Database project experience...Familiarity with architecture, schema design.