Houston, TX US
Location: Houston, TX
Expected Duration of Project: 12+ Months Contract
- A Senior Scheduler/Planner is responsible for providing schedule development, maintenance, status updates and reporting.
- This role requires good communication skills to interact with all team members (development leads, engineering, procurement, construction, project management, and other team members).
- This position will also be expected to support implementation of all project controls process and procedures (Baselining, Change Management, Risk assessments, Project Lifecycle Stage Gates, Reporting, Lessons Learned).
- The Core Project Controls Team primarily supports maintenance projects.
- A qualified individual will need the ability to manage their time effectively to support 10 or more projects.
- Most of the work is in the office with occasional travel to other offices or project sites.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in performing schedule management and other project controls functions.
- Experience with projects in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial and/or Power industries.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline or ten or more years of scheduling experience in the energy field or related industry.
- Working knowledge and experience with Primavera P6, MS Project, and other Microsoft Office products.
- Specific knowledge and experience in project scheduling process and issues.
- Ability to work independently with a reasonable level of supervision in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required to manage work assignments and team interactions on multiple project assignments.
- PMP certification preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparing Level 1 schedules working with Development Teams to identify overall project timelines, major deliverables, and project milestones.
- Prepare a schedule with the appropriate level of detail for the execution phases of a project utilizing the established company work breakdown structure that aligns schedule tasks with the project budget.
- Provide monthly schedule status updates including progress or work, schedule changes, critical path and variance analysis utilizing the Critical Path Method.
- Provide technical evaluation of the schedule to help the team effectively plan and manage project work, address scope changes, and mitigate schedule delays.
- Possess a solid understanding and application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology to identify, analyze and report schedule progress and risks in a timely fashion.
- Support the implementation of the Core Project Control procedures with project managers and Control Account Managers (CAMs) on each project.
- Coordinate with other schedulers and the Core Project Controls team on schedule format, policies, processes, procedures, and an exchange of ideas for continuous improvement of project scheduling
- Participate and resolve any issues in execution of joint Cost, Schedule, and Risk Health Checks to verify effective planning and implementation of cost processes.