Process Engineer 5
Overland Park, KS US
Position: Process Engineer 5
Duration: 3+ Months Contract
Process Engineer - Olefins and Polymers
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role.
- Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts, and approaches to complex engineering problems.
- May provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity.
- May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
- Engineering Standards: Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Client’ s policies.
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and updating engineering standards.
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
- Quality/Continuous Improvement: Independently applies knowledge and complies with Client’ s quality program relative to assigned tasks.
- May be responsible for ensuring compliance with Client’ s quality program.
- Provides related guidance and direction to others.
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Engineering Production: Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects.
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
- Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods.
- Reviews lower-level engineering work or assignments. Is responsible for one or more of the following:
- leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project.
- Project Coordination: Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
- Client Focus: Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances.
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects.
- May offer other services to the clients.
- Typically provides support to business development or pursuit.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- Written Communications. Drive For Results. Priority Setting. Planning. Delegation. Directing Others. Conflict Management. Informing. Listening. Dealing with Ambiguity and Building Effective Teams.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country or be in active pursuit.
- Requires a bachelor' s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Business development
- Engineering design
- Process engineer
- Body engineering
- Change management
- Conflict management
- Materials selection
- Quality program
Minimum Degree Required:
- Bachelor' s Degree