Project Controls Coordinator
Duluth, MN US
Position: Project Controls Coordinator
Location: Duluth, MN 55802
Duration: 12+ Months (Contract)
• This is an entry level position for a Project Controls Coordinator in Duluth, MN. The role will likely be hybrid (3 days/week onsite) Looking for someone with a Financial Analyst.
• Internship experience is also fine.
• Someone with experience working with the financials around construction and/or oil & energy related projects.
• Prefer entry level experience 1-3 years.
• Prefer bachelor' s degree in: Accounting, Business, Finance, Marketing, or related financial discipline.
• Manager would prefer a recent college graduate.
• Office role, in Downtown Duluth, schedule M-F, 8-4: 30, 40 hours per week.
• The Project Controls Coordinator is responsible for development and implementation of project controls planning, integration of cost and schedule functions as well as quality control oversight of all project controls deliverables for Engineering and Construction capital projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and coordinate development of overall Project Execution Plan.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of project controls deliverables including but limited to:
• Cost Report and Cost Variance Analysis.
• Cash Flow Report and Variance Analysis.
• Schedule Report and Schedule Variance Analysis.
• Project Change Management Procedure.
• Project Controls Plan.
• Monthly Progress Report Integrating Cost Control and Scheduling functions into one seamless team.
• Defining Project Controls resource requirements for the project.
• Performing quality control on all project control deliverables for completeness and accuracy.
• Lead role in coordinating collection of deliverables for Phase Gate Review meetings according to the 6-Phase Project Lifecycle.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to project controls and project systems functional groups on actual experiences gained during.
• Implementation of new tools, processes, or procedures.
• Ability to be effective within a matrix organizational structure.
• Specific knowledge and experience in scheduling and cost process and issues related to pipeline and plant facility projects.
• Familiarity with best management practices for project scheduling and cost control.
• Ability to understand and implement processes and practices for project scheduling and cost control.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with a reasonable level of supervision.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
• Specifically, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server.