Project Manager III
Jackson, MI US
Duration: 05+ months Contract (High Possibility to extend)
- Business Project Manager responsible for full-life cycle projects including: project planning, problem solving, process mapping, document creation, and status monitoring/reporting.
- This role will work closely with gas engineering and operations teams in order to close out corrective actions in order to remediate findings associated with audits/assessments.
- The project manager will be responsible for monitoring progress of action completion as well as preparing status update materials in partnership with the business action owners.
- Working on large, complex projects director level stakeholders
- Working with deliverables as needed, doing process design, requirements gathering
- Work with engineering and operations
- Review internal controls that need to be put in place for quality/safety,
- Function with a series of projects, each member is responsible for a number of projects from inception
- Work with business to close gaps
- Status reporting
- Work in cross functional environment
- 1 project-damage prevention group (tracking and coming up with preventative methods to avoid damage to assets)
- Project- meters group (gas meters) and monitoring some issues that were identified that need to be rectified
- Do work with IT for IT solutions (but not seeking a technical PM)
- Ability to influence and get help as needed to progress projects
- Keep track of minutia to make sure project is moving along as planned
- Help problem solve/process improve
- 5+ years experience
- Utilities experience would be helpful, but not a requirement
- MS office
- Consulting background highly desirable
- Good communication with experience working on large, complex projects with mutliple stakeholders
- Project Management including knowledge on both gas utility business processes.
- Strong facilitation and documentation skills Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Teams and Project.
- Ability to navigate with autonomy through our Client processes
10+ years of project management experience preferably with exposure to the energy industry. Background in management consulting is a plus.