Quality Assurance Tester I
Northampton, MA US
Position Title: Quality Assurance Tester I
Location: Northampton, MA
Duration: 05+ months with possible extension
- As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will be responsible for specified testing of ingredients and finished products to ensure product and package integrity in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Job-Related Duties
- Perform collection, documentation, and destruction of samples, along with physical, chemical, and microbiological testing of finished products and raw materials. Communicate effectively and thoroughly to management and peers on test results or inspection findings outside of specifications.
- Conduct environmental sampling and analysis to monitor facility sanitation.
- Conduct all laboratory testing with accuracy and integrity and ensures that it is accomplished in compliance with all federal, state, and company policies and procedures.
- Keep accurate, complete, and legible records. Properly amend, identify, and file records, along with conducting clerical duties including copying, filing, faxing, data entry, and document reproduction.
- Safely handle/use chemicals, biological agents, and waste. Potentially including hazardous materials. Read, understand, and maintain material safety data sheets.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on process equipment and monthly audits on various areas under laboratory control.
- Complete work orders to ensure proper maintenance, verification, calibrations are completed in a timely manner in accord with company, federal and state requirements
- Utilize software including word processing, spreadsheets, and inventory control systems.
- Set-up and calibrate test equipment.
- Monitor all quality checks made by production.
- Keep accurate Q.A. Reports daily.
- Operate and perform quality tests on the treated water system.
Education and Additional Requirements
- High school diploma, GED equivalent, Associate degree, or technical college degree.
- Minimum 1 Year experience in a testing or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to maintain a strong level of confidentiality – all formulas are confidential.
- Solid math skills are required along with basic reading and writing skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations.
- Comply with all Safety, Environmental, Security, and Good Manufacturing Practice policies.
- Microsoft office experience
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to visually identify and recognize material, part, and product defects.
- Ability to participate in job development training
- Ability to work in a team environment. As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will be responsible for specified testing of ingredients and finished products to ensure product and package integrity in accordance with standard operating procedures.