Quality Assurance Tester I
Northampton, MA US
Location: Northampton, MA
Duration: 6+ months Contract (With the Possibility Extension)
- Perform collection, documentation, and destruction of samples, along with physical, chemical, and microbiological testing of finished products and raw materials.
- Communicate effectively and thoroughly to management and peers on test results or inspection findings outside of specifications.
- Conduct environmental sampling and analysis to monitor facility sanitation.
- Conduct all laboratory testing with accuracy and integrity and ensures that it is accomplished in compliance with all federal, state, and company policies and procedures.
- Keep accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Properly amend, identify, and file records, along with conducting clerical duties including copying, filing, faxing, data entry, and document reproduction.
- Safely handle/use chemicals, biological agents, and waste.
- Potentially including hazardous materials.
- Read, understand, and maintain material safety data sheets.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on process equipment and monthly audits on various areas under laboratory control.
- Complete work orders to ensure proper maintenance, verification, calibrations are completed in a timely manner in accord with company, federal and state requirements
- Utilize software including word processing, spreadsheets, and inventory control systems.
- Set-up and calibrate test equipment.
- Monitor all quality checks made by production.
- Keep accurate Q.A. Reports daily.
- Operate and perform quality tests on the treated water system.
Education and Additional Requirements
- High school diploma, GED equivalent, Associate degree, or technical college degree.
- Minimum 1 Year experience in a testing or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to maintain a strong level of confidentiality all formulas are confidential.
- Solid math skills are required along with basic reading and writing skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations.
- Comply with all Safety, Environmental, Security, and Good Manufacturing Practice policies.
- Microsoft office experience.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to visually identify and recognize material, part, and product defects.
- Ability to participate in job development training.
- Ability to work in a team environment.