Remote Job Opportunity: Electrical Engineer 5
Overland Park, KS US
Location: Overland Park 11401 KS
Duration: 12+ months contract (High Possibility of extension)
- Creating one-line drawings
- Creating collection system overall layout
- Power cable sizing, cable schedules
- Electrical equipment sizing and selection
- Experience with specifying and procuring electrical equipment (listed below).
- Understand and be able to work within a schedule and manhours budget
- Familiar with applicable NEC and IEEE/ANSI standards
- Electrical equipment includes but is not limited to: MV and LV switchgear, pad mount transformer, Transformer -GSUT, panel boards, breakers, protective relays, inverter, battery, battery chargers, disconnect switches, surge arrestors, dead front disconnect switch, medium voltage cable, low voltage cable, control cable, fiber optic cable,
- Prepares complex engineering calculations such as: load flow, short circuit and reactive capability analysis (ETAP or SKM), Arc flash analysis (ETAP or SKM), Cable ampacity study (CYMCAP or equivalent), grounding analysis, AC-DC voltage drop calculations, VOC/ISC calcs, AC/DC Cable sizing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience. Written Communications. Drive For Results. Priority Setting. Planning. Delegation. Directing Others. Conflict Management. Informing. Listening. Dealing with Ambiguity and Building Effective Teams. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline