Senior Backup Storage Engineer
Downey, CA US
Downey, CA, 90242 (Onsite)
12 Months Contract
- The following skill sets are required to perform the Job.
- Perform zoning on Cisco MDS switches
- Configure active-active block storage
- Configure SMB/CIFS file systems
- Configure NFS file systems Configure Multi-protocol file systems
- Configure CAS Bucket
- Configure AWS S3 Bucket
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Familiarity with IBM Power Series
- Familiarity with VMware ESX
- Familiarity with AIX, Client-UX, RHEL, and Windows
- Familiar with RedHat Ansible Tower A Senior Backup Storage Engineer is responsible for leading and/or working on the most complex IT infrastructure, modification, installation, testing, implementation, and support of new or existing system hardware and software products.
- This classification needs to plan, install, configure, test, implement and manage core system hardware and software products in support of an organization’s IT architecture and business needs. Special organizational or functional industry position titles for backup storage engineers include but are not limited to Backup/Recovery Engineer, Storage Engineer, Backup Engineer, Backup Administrator, and Storage Administrator.
- The Senior Backup Storage Engineer, in maintenance and support of various backup and storage systems, (that includes CommVault, Dell/EMC, IBM, NetApp, and Pure Storage), is responsible for the administration, installation, configuration, and maintenance of all backup and storage systems to include creating CommVault backup jobs for Linux, UNIX, Windows hosts, Network Attached Storage (NAS) NDMP, databases (DB2, SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL), masking/zoning/provisioning of storage to UNIX/Windows/VMware servers, performing data recoveries, and general troubleshooting.
- The engineer will be responsible for all data backup/recovery support for cloud service providers (Amazon Web Services - AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform –GCP, IBM Cloud), planning and upgrading the systems on a regular basis, checking the health of all the systems, and making necessary changes as required.
- Analyzing issues reported by internal/external teams and making necessary recommendations;planning and designing systems architecture;working with customers to test applications after changes.
- Upgrading hardware in a timely manner with a minimum downtime window;evaluating new applications software technologies;and/or ensuring the security products are patched on a regular basis.
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years with Dell/EMC, IBM, NetApp, and Pure Storage solutions from midrange to enterprise class storage arrays for enterprise environments.
- Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting cloud-based backup, servers, and storage systems for enterprise environments. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years working as a backup administrator using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting CommVault data backup systems for enterprise environments.