Senior IT Auditor
Andover, MA US
Title: Senior IT Auditor
Location: Andover, MA (Hybrid)
Duration: 12+ months Contract
- Evaluates the design and effectiveness of information technology internal controls
- Assist in developing scope and work programs
- Lead audits with limited supervision to completion within defined time periods and budgets
- Internal Audit execution: prepares audit work papers (operational and IT audits), reports, and concludes on control adequacy consistent with department and IIA standards, Identify general & IT risks and process improvement opportunities.
- The candidate will assist in identifying, developing, documenting, or executing audit analytics during the Audits.
- Monitoring action plans: Assist Manager in reviewing system implementations/ enhancements to be implemented and potential impact to the key process & compliance controls.
- Performing testing activities related to compliance models and anti-corruption systems.
- Prepare audit reports and discuss results with the auditee and Head of Internal Audit
- Coach audit team members with respect to IT auditing concepts and integrated audit
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Continuous Monitoring/Computer Assisted Auditing techniques and processes (CAAT)
- Use strong critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity to challenge IT processes and controls throughout the organization
- Identify and assess the impact of control deficiencies and prepare audit work papers
- Prepare initial draft audit reports and work with management to ensure corrective actions address root cause
- Review and determine effectiveness of controls
- Conducts special audits as needed to Client root-cause deficiencies in IT systems and/or processes/Conduct integrated audits
- Document findings and interface with line management to obtain an appropriate response
- Write clear, concise and persuasive audit reports and other documents summarizing level of risk, scope, findings, recommendations, and the current status of the issues
- Responsible for executing validation of issues upon closure.
- Responsible for identifying control design recommendations that not only provide assurance that business objectives can be met in line with acceptable risk levels but also the identification of process and efficiency improvements within the control structure.
- Follow-up on audit observations and initiation of the entire process until implementation evidence is obtained
- Provide support to the internal audit team through extraction of data from applications/ databases under audit and perform data analytics inquiries
- Proficient in SQL, BI data visualization, Microsoft Office or other data analytics tools (IDEA, ACL etc.)
- Ability to interpret business data and translate into insightful recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively present to peers and management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in multinational and multicultural environments.
- Proactivity and learning capacity.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Italian is a plus
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Experience auditing healthcare clients at a Big 4 firm or a consultancy firm.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Engineering, information systems, Accounting/Finance or other elated field
- 3+ years of IT internal audit or consulting experience and data analytics experience.
- Currently certified CISA.