Los Angeles, CA US
Duration: 07+ Month Contract
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Onsite)
- The Senior Programmer will possess knowledge and experience in applications software development principles and methods sufficient to participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of new or modified applications software; operating systems installation and configuration procedures; organizations operational environment; software design principles, methods and approaches; principles, methods and procedures for designing, developing, optimizing and integrating new and/or reusable systems components; pertinent government regulations; infrastructure requirements, such as bandwidth and server sizing; database management principles and methodologies, including data structures, data modeling, data warehousing and transaction processing; functionality and operability of the current operating environment; systems engineering concepts and factors such as structured design, supportability, survivability, reliability, scalability and maintainability; optimization concepts and methods; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work; and speak and write effectively and prepare effective reports.
- Microsoft SQL (queries and stored procedures) IBM DB/2 (queries and stored procedures) Oracle (queries and stored procedures) VB6 VB.Net ASP.Net ASP.Net Web services C# Visual Studio.
- This classification must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in electronic data processing systems study, design, and programming. At least four (4) years of that experience must have been in a lead capacity.
- Five (5) years experience developing software that uses SQL databases such as IBM DB/2, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle including stored procedures and SQL queries. Five (5) years experience developing applications utilizing VB6, VB.Net, ASP.Net, ASP.Net web services, C#, and Visual Studio.
- This classification requires the possession of a bachelor’ s degree in an IT-related or Engineering field. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.