Hoffman Estates, IL US
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 (Hybrid)
Duration: 06+ Months Contract
- The Sourcing Manager will perform tasks and work required and coordinate with other team members, business unit leaders and Legal to derive and complete cost reduction projects related to software, services, licenses, hardware, professional services, telecom, marketing, and other related indirect scope categories.
- The role requires an in-depth understanding of sourcing, procurement, and contracts, IT, and other category management along with an executive presence to handle communications, schedule and progress management, negotiations, escalations, and supplier interface to complete the total task.
- This role will also assist with day to day “ run the business” work flows as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Able to work cross functionally
- Experience working with indirect sourcing, procurement and driving cost take out initiatives, specifically software, licensing, professional services, telecom management, marketing and other indirect (not within a manufacturing environment)
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong influencing skills with issue mitigation mentality
- Ability to manage suppliers and escalate as needed
- Understanding of a service-based/SLAs
- Knowledge of procurement systems/processes/tools
- Skilled negotiator
- Sense of urgency
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Good awareness of software asset management