Oakland, CA US
Duration: 06+ Month Contract with the possibility of extension and conversion
- Manage sourcing activities for hardware, software, telecom, data center, and professional services including network hardware (e.G., routing, switching, NICs, etc.)
- Lead and coordinate all procurement efforts to identify, survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Lead the business negotiation process with external suppliers.
- Own contract initiation and closure.
- Develop a comprehensive procurement strategy focused on the network hardware ecosystem: hardware, service, licensing, support.
- Work with internal partners and key suppliers to improve efficiencies, tracking and pricing specific to network hardware service, support, and licensing engagements.
- Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services.
- Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criteria and provide relevant data back to internal team.
- Continuously measure and improve supplier actual performance against mutually agreed SLA.
- Identify, qualify, and formalize which suppliers are on FTG' s preferred supplier list.
- Lead business review process to measure, analyze, and identify points of strength and weakness with regards to supplier performance.
- Be the sourcing subject matter authority helping to identify and demonstrate best practices in the realms of procurement, supplier management, and category management.
- Experience sourcing and a technical understanding of hardware, software, telecom, data center, professional services, and networking hardware
- Knowledge of network hardware markets and experience working with key suppliers therein (e.G., Juniper, Palo Alto, Arista, Dell, etc.)
- Experience with SaaS
- Experience with Contract Negotiations
- Proven success in contract negotiation relative to commodities, equipment, and software. Analytical and results-focused.
BA/BS or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant experience.