Structural Engineer 2
Overland Park, KS US
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 06+ Months Contract
- As a Civil/Structural Transmission Line Engineer you will support global transmission projects performing design engineering and analysis of transmission line work.
- Collect and assimilate data for engineering work.
- Perform research and prepare calculations in accordance with Black & Veatch and industry standards.
- Develop recommendations for equipment and materials. Understand and work successfully within budget, project schedule, and quality requirements.
- May assist with providing guidance to engineering team members.
- Maintain positive client relations understanding client interests and drivers through effective communication with the project team.
- May assist with business development activities.
- Experience with the design of utility-scale electrical transmission systems
- Structural design of transmission steel and wood structures and their foundations
- Experience with PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole, LPile, MFAD, Sag10
- Basic structural steel and concrete experience using 3D analysis and design software
- Solid experience using EXCEL or similar spreadsheets and Math CAD design templates
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- ENGINEERING DESIGN
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
- AUTO CAD
- Requires a bachelor' s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 1-year related work experience.