Structural Field Engineer
Liberty, NC US
- Position: Structural Field Engineer
Location: Liberty, NC
Duration: 12+ months with the possibility of extension
- Facilitate civil and structural installations (foundations, steel erection, etc.) & commissioning activities.
- Provide subject matter expert assistance in review of product and equipment submittals, shop drawings, engineering design drawings and specifications, & contractor generated RFIs.
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures, safe work practices, and OSHA requirements for civil and structural installations including but not limited to Lock-Out, Electrical Safe Work Practices, Control of Hazardous Energy, & arc flash safety.
- Possess extensive knowledge of prevailing building codes and professional industry standards (including but not limited to: IBC, NEC, NESC, NFPA, ASME, AMCA, ARI, AWS, ASHRAE, FM).
- Work with building construction contractors and equipment vendors to coordinate equipment factory testing, delivery, installation, commissioning & handover to end users.
- Coordination of weekend and plant shutdown work with contractors, plant facilities groups, & manufacturing shops.
- Conduct work progress inspections on a continuous basis.
- Support construction administration activities related to schedule coordination, quality confirmations, weekly coordination meetings, and planned utility outages.
- Conduct inspections and observations of civil and structural building systems for compliance with project specifications quality standards, & applicable codes.
- Oversee work of civil and structural contractors for adherence to project delivery methods, schedule milestone targets, & coordination with other groups.
- Prepare field engineering status reports of work progress and schedule to Project Managers.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical matters in written & verbal formats.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time, & prioritize project commitments based on established deadlines and project milestones.
- Good organizational skills, communication skills, schedule management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project
- Bachelor’ s degree in civil engineering.
- 5+ years in civil and/or structural design field.
- 2+ years in construction management.
- Experience in design criteria development for civil & structural systems.
- Automotive experience with engine, transmission, or vehicle facilities or similar industrial manufacturer.