System Administrator, Senior
Montgomery, AL US
Location: Montgomery, AL 36130 (Onsite from Day 1)
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
- The System Administrator is responsible for the overall design, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades of SCCM / Windows / Active directory /Azure.
- The overall objective is to ensure the systems are configured and running optimally and best serving our complex environment.
- This includes the review of the current configuration to seek improvement, create monthly deployments, and ensure our servers are properly patched each and every month to remain compliant and reduce vulnerabilities.
- For related projects, the Admin may need to develop end to end project plans including the identification of project risks and risk remediation plans, project milestones, tasks, (WBS - work breakdown structure), and the identification of critical path items.
- The Admin may also support the general Windows Operating System environment, by installing, configuring, hardening, maintaining, documenting, and providing third level OS Admin support of Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019.
- May provide estimates of work effort and impact of projects and tasks.
- May design and implement multi-site Windows Active Directory infrastructure.
- Monitors systems to ensure platforms are available in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provides support to ensure that the monitoring systems are available at all times and that the appropriate thresholds and alerts have been set to ensure system availability.
- Reacts and responds to events in accordance with escalation procedures.
- Provides complex statistical information to management for weekly and monthly status updates, and additional information as required.
- Deploys changes in accordance with the TSYS change control process.
- Raises, updates, and closes change control tickets in accordance with Service Management guidelines.
- Monitors and reviews system logs, detects, and troubleshoots problems, and escalates appropriately.
- Supports issue resolution as and when required, uses the available ticketing application to record activities.
- Provides feedback and updates to the Incident resolution support teams.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and provides mentoring for escalated issues.
- Conducts complex system maintenance by planning and developing strategy on patch management, firmware management and Operating Systems upgrades in line with best practices.
- Provides support for pre-arranged changes and maintenance events.
- Mentors less experienced team members.
- Reports and assists in investigation of security breaches in accordance with Information Security guidelines.
- Reviews and investigates any issues identified via security monitoring applications.
- Reviews system access in line with the required practices and procedures following Information Security guidelines.
- Maintains the systems responsible to the level required to meet the HIPAA Security Standards and other applicable industry best practices.
- Create and review the availability of disaster recovery systems, maintaining code, configuration, and documentation in-line with Production systems.
- Perform regular disaster recovery testing for internal and client facing systems. Interacts closely with all levels of team members across business units within the company.
- Provides team members with detailed platform overview training and supporting documentation for operational, configuration, or other procedural purposes.
- Attends status calls when requested and provides detailed technical support.
- Evaluates all systems supported or maintained for potential service improvements utilizing automation and orchestrations technologies.
- Ensures skills are updated by attending the appropriate courses, utilization of reference materials, Internet resources, and vendor sponsored seminars.
- SSCM, Microsoft Server OS, Networking
- PM, Security, Azure
- 7+ years of experience in above required
- Microsoft Certifications or security certs a plus.
- Bachelor' s Degree