TECHNICAL WRITER 1
Sunnyvale, CA US
Location: Sunnyvale, CA-Remote, hybrid, or onsite
Duration: 12 + Month Contract
- Work with engineers to structure and develop engineering reports with appropriate content that is easy for technical and non-technical audiences to understand.
- Work with engineers to consolidate and simplify work instructions for engineering testing and production use.
- Work with engineers on improving formal Verification & Validation test protocols.
- Complete documentation control steps to release final documentation. This includes Engineering Change Order (ECO) work in a documentation control system.
- Create structured templates for various activities that include engineering technical reports, root cause analysis reports, justifications, PowerPoint presentations, work instructions, and more.
- Minimum bachelor’ s degree in communications, professional writing, English, or equivalent experience preferred. Certificate in technical writing desirable.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years as a writer in a technical or medical device/life science environment, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Verbal communication skills that include responding calmly under pressure; and leading content review meetings that result in document approval.
- Software skills that include Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, updating or improving existing document templates in MS Word; creating error-free PDF files.