Technical Specialist I
Lansing, MI US
Location: Lansing, MI 48909 (Candidates will primarily work remote in Michigan.)
Duration: 12+ months Contract with a high possibility of extension
***PLEASE READ THE NOTE BELOW***
- Candidates will primarily work remote in Michigan.
- NOTE: Prefer candidates who have skills and knowledge of building or utility design and have an understanding of construction in the field and general engineering concepts.
- Position may need to travel to other Client’s Service Centers occasionally to support those areas as needed and attend company meetings.
- The selected candidate will have the option to work remotely as long as The Client and/or department policies and/or needs allow.
- This role will support the Gas Engineering Asset Planning department by performing technical support functions within the Permit Coordination team.
- The Permit Coordination team is responsible for reviewing all pre-planned work for needed permits, applying for permits, detailed permit tracking, bond recovery, among many other functions that support the goals and objectives of Geospatial & Gas Asset Management (G&GAM).
- The position will function as a technical support role for gas permitting in their assigned area.
This will include the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and utilize SAP tasks for each permit
- Complete check requests/bond requests & invoicing for jobs that have fees come in after the fact, including calculation of permit fees
- Notifies to city/state/township of construction dates
- Start notices
- Completion notices
Database management for:
- Permit Tracking –ensure understanding of all permits applied for / received
- Inspection Escrow Tracking - ensure understanding of all outstanding inspection escrows to ensure proper refunds
- Bond Tracking –ensure understanding of all outstanding bonds / ensure refunds are requested and obtained
- Communicate with Restoration department on clean-up schedule
- Communicate with Scheduling on construction schedule
- Track and coordinate all permits and bonds so we can better understand and quantify the annual amount of work and spend in this area
- Deliver and pick up pemits at Pemit Agency buildings
- This position will support the entire gas permit department throughout lower Michigan.
- This position requires someone who is able to work independently, is a self-starter, able to respond in a fast-paced environment with a desire to continually tackle new challenges.
- The ideal individual must have the ability to adjust tasks while maintaining full attention to detail and priorities.
- Role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, sound judgment, ability to learn quickly, able to work independently with minimal direction, take initiative, and exercise good judgment and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong communication, analytical, diagnostic, facilitation and computer skills are essential.
- Database management skills
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to deliver and pick up permit packets
- Must be flexible, have demonstrated strong administrative skills and able to set priorities in a changing environment
- Organization and the ability to create, modify and utilize databases is a must.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that clearly shows effective communication and cooperation and that promotes open exchange of information, respect, high ethical standards, and professionalism.
The following skills will set you apart from others:
- Experience utilizing SAP
- Experience utilizing MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS SharePoint, and MS Visio
- Experience utilizing Adobe Acrobat
- Experience utilizing MicroStation
- Construction print reading and interpretation
- High School Diploma Required
- Associates Degree or higher education preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, PC Proficient